Hot Dog Steamer
- Setup Area: Table
- Outlets: 1
SpecificationsThe Hot Dog steamer holds between 30-40 hot dogs and buns.
InstallationInstall the Steamin Demon in a level position. Connect the lead-in cord to a suitable outlet of the correct voltage.
- Remove the hot dog basket and juice tray and add approximately ten quarts [2.5 gallons] (no more) of water into the heating compartment so that the water level is just above the heating element. NOTE: Using hot water will reduce the heating time.
- Place the tray and partition into the unit and put the wire compartments in place.
- Place the hot dogs in the small compartment and the buns in the wire rack in the large compartment. Arrange the hot dogs and buns so that there is free circulation of steam.
- Turn the switch to the ON position and set the thermostat control to HIGH until steam is generated.
- For normal operation, set the thermostat control in the center of the range between LOW and HIGH.
- The steaming compartments have been designed to deliver the proper amount of steam in each compartment. No adjustment is necessary.
- Keep the lids closed while not serving.
- Add more water as necessary to maintain the water level above the heating element. Add hot water if possible.
- Unplug the units power cord from the outlet.
- Remove any remaining hot dogs and buns.
- Drain the water from the drain pipe.
- Remove the parts and wipe down the inside of the steamer and parts with a dry towel.
- Re-insert the removable parts. The hot dog steamer is now ready to be returned.
- CONDENSATION ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE STEAMIN DEMON. Cool air striking the warm unit surface may cause moisture accumulation. Protect the unit against cool air.
- CASING OF HOT DOGS BURST. Too much steam is being generated. Adjust the thermostat control to a lower setting.
- BUNS ARE TOO SOGGY OR TOO DRY. Too much or too little steam will produce these conditions. Control the amount of steam by adjusting the thermostat control as necessary.